Friday, September 4, 2009

In the Aeroplane over the Sea

Seventh grade history class is a distinct memory in my mind. It was the year we learned about all sorts of things that happened all over the world. At this point in my life, I cannot recall all of our specific lessons, but I do however remember learning about the Holocaust. We had to read the Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank (no relation) and we spent the majority of the year discussing her and her pet bear that she kept in the bread box to keep her company. My teacher was a real cool guy. He was also a pedophile. I earned an A+ in that class though...

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel is basically the chapter in a textbook about the Holocaust set to music. With this you never have to study! Perfect for when you get caught in mass genocide or when your teacher touches on more points than the lesson plan calls for.
I give it a 1945/10!

1 comment:

  1. I wrote in a WWII history class test that Jeff Mangum travelled back in time to save Anne Frank thus forever changing the future timeline.

    Surprisingly I got and A- but my teacher was later found to be an LSD user.


    (most of this post is true)

    ReplyDelete